I want us to start talking right now about what it means to be your own boss. Because I believe knowing this will impact positively on your home business.
People start their own business or join the network marketing industry for various reasons.
The famous ‘I want to be my own boss’ is included.
Many people say they want to be their own boss.
Many people want to be their own boss.
What Does It Mean to Be Your Own Boss?
In the simplest terms, to be your own boss means that you take decisions for your business.
You are not controlled or directed by anyone.
It also means that you are equally responsible for the success or failure of your business.
This is why it is important to think about yourself.
You Might Also Like:
Who Are You Right Now?
The entrepreneurial path can be like an emotional roller- coaster: back and forth; hopes and disappointments; confidence and self-doubt, etc.
That’s a fact, right?
Therefore, it is important to examine the kind of person you are right now.
- Are you easily affected for not doing the work, for not working at your business?
- Can you easily convince yourself out of doing work that you need to do?
- Do you do the work when you feel so, and leave it on days that you don’t feel like working?
- If you evaluate your work ethics and assuming that you were a boss in a company, would you hire YOU? Would a company that want to achieve its targets/goals be satisfied with your work ethics?
If you answer yes to any of the first three above questions, then I am sorry to tell you that you’ll be or you are an awful boss.
How to Be a Good Boss to Yourself
To build a successful business, you have to include the following in your daily routine:
- You don’t have to pretend to be working. You have to be doing the work!
- Communication: you have to be hardworking with communication. You must know how to talk to prospects and customers, check your social media accounts, email, etc.
- Health routine: create a routine to keep your health in check. Remember that you are the boss and if you get days off because of ill health, your business will suffer. So, think of little things that can improve your health like cardio exercises, healthy eating, meditation and the like.
- Self-development: read some pages of a book, listen to audios, meditate, etc.
- Create content for your audience/fans/prospects to attract them to you. Would you do live videos on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.?
- Prospect: without getting customers or teammates, your business will not be successful. How many will you prospect daily or weekly?
- Follow up: the fortune, they say, is in the follow up. How many are you going to follow up on?
- Training: would you need to provide training for teammates or business partners?
The above can give you an idea of the kind of routine you need to have to be an effective boss.
What About How You Feel?
To be an effective boss, you have to put your feelings aside and do what is required for the day.
Granted, many people may not feel like doing some of the things listed above and so do not do them.
If you happen to fall with that group of individuals, then that will surely show how terrible a boss you are for your business.
Take this situation as an example. Assuming you were at the corporate workplace, does the company’s work depend on your you feel?
Does your boss care whether you woke up at the wrong side of the bed or not?
Does he even care whether you’re in the mood for production or not? NO! Bosses don’t deal with feelings. They want production! You are expected to get the damn job done. Period!
So, here’s how better you can be your own boss: see it as more of a matter of self-discipline and less of a matter of money and time freedom.
Once you have taken the path of entrepreneurship and have chosen to be your own boss, then be a good boss of yourself.
Do the things required to be done even when you do not feel like it.
How are you being an effective boss for yourself? What obstacles are you dealing with? Leave your comment below.
Click here to watch how an employee was able to fire his boss and became his own boss.
More Resources For You